2021 PROGRAMMES at
CAMPBELL COLLEGE, BELFAST
SUMMER: July 1-2 (Thurs-Fri), July 5-9 (5 days), July 13-16 (Tues-Fri), Weeks beginning July 19, 26, August 2, 9
PAUL ACHESON SUMMER SPORTS WEEKS
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS – 2021
This will be the 29th year of our summer programmes for children and the second to be subjected to the impact of COVID-19. The regulations in place will affect how we run our programmes safely and successfully, and this information document will attempt to explain everything to you as clearly as possible. Even if you have enrolled your children in recent years please read everything as there are many changes, and we hope that all parents will be understanding of the restrictions in place again, and our staff’s efforts to implement them. Please note a major factor from the outset – in agreement with Campbell College we will be asking parents not to enter any buildings we use at any time.
- This year the early supervision and late collection facilities will once again be in the Key Stage 1 building in Campbell. For parents not familiar with the school, turn left past the security barrier just after the main entrance, park and walk over to the gate leading to the building. A member of staff will check your registration and guide your child to another member of staff at the front door.
- Super 4s and Superkids aged 6 will also be based in the Key Stage 1 building in Campbell. For parents not familiar with the school, turn left past the security barrier just after the main entrance, park and walk over to the building. We can accept Super 4s and 6s in the building at 9.15am after the older children in early supervision leave for their venue. Please do not bring Super 4s or 6s to the gate beside the car park before 9.15am unless they have been enrolled for early supervision.
- The Superkids aged 5 will be in two groups based in the Key Stage 2 building in Campbell which is on the right hand side after the main entrance. However, to access the front entrance follow the main drive for about 200 metres up the slope. Turn right, then right again into the playground, park and bring your child to the member of staff at the barrier for registration. Parents of children aged 5 who have booked their child for early supervision should follow Point 1 above but collect from Key Stage 2 unless late supervision has been booked.
- If any early collection of a child is required please notify a leader in the morning so that the child can be brought out to meet you at the arranged time.
- Older children (aged 7-14) will be based in 2 separate buildings this summer, the Stormont Pavilion and the Middle School which we used last summer. To access the car park follow the road to the main red-brick building, turn right and drive a short distance down the slope, then turn left into the car park. Enrolment for children doing Sport only is at the dome-shaped building on the right.
Enrolment for children on the Sport/art/drama course will take place outside the Middle School if weather permits, inside in wet weather (children only!). Your child will have been allocated a group according to age, we will have endeavoured to group your child with friends based on information which we hope you will have provided.
- Enrolment for older children is available from 9.15 on the first morning and from 9.25 for the rest of the week. If you are bringing an older child and a Superkid (age 5-6) or a Super 4, it is probably best to enrol the younger child first before making the longer journey to the second car park.
- It is essential that whoever is responsible for delivering and collecting the children each day is aware that all courses at Campbell begin at 9.25am and finish at 4.00pm. We cannot be responsible for children outside these times unless the early or late supervision facilities (8.30-9.15am and 4.00-5.00pm) have been pre-booked.
- Sports Week participants should come dressed each day in appropriate attire and bring:
- Packed lunch, if required, and drinks. We would encourage children to bring their own bottle of water which can be refilled during the day.
- Tennis racket, if possible (optional for Superkids).
- Superkids should have Velcro shoes and an art apron, if possible.
- Waterproof or shower proof garment
- Indoor shoes for Sports Hall
- Peaked cap (if sunny and warm)
NOTE: In the interests of any children attending who may have a peanut allergy, please do not include any food with a peanut content in your child’s snack or lunch.
- Our popular BBQ will be available once again for tasty hot food at lunch time. Prices are: hot dog £1.30, burger £1.60, cheeseburger £1.70, and chicken burger £1.80. There will be a tuck shop available as usual.
- Activities will progress irrespective of weather conditions. We will be able to use Sports Halls in case of persistent rain, although outdoor activities will continue in light rain. We will also use the Sports Halls for basketball, badminton, and indoor football, so the indoor shoes listed in No.9 above are essential.
- Money and valuables may be left in the Sports Week office each morning. We cannot accept responsibility for the loss of, or damage to, the property of participants.
- During each Sports Week, it will be possible to contact me with an important message on my mobile telephone between 8.30am and 4.30pm each day – the number is 07767 271144. For routine enquiries, please leave a message on my office telephone – 028 9754 1752 and I will return your call at the end of the day.
Please click here to see our risk assessment information and if you have any further queries before the Sports Week begins, you can contact me by letter, telephone, text, or e-mail.
Thank you for booking a course at Campbell this year.